Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Luxury

Okay, it's been two weeks since my last post and you still don't know my new address: it's The Gramercy Park Hotel, (with one-of-a-kind furnishings, paintings and sculptures created by Julian Schnabel) in The City. New York, of course. I don't know the street address-- you can probably just put “Susan @ The Gramercy” and your correspondence will arrive safely in my hands. Everyone here knows me. But for you nervous ones, I'll check it later—it's embossed at the top of the cream-colored linen hotel stationery in the top right drawer of the Louis IV desk at the bay window overlooking the luscious springtime grandeur of Gramercy Park. In a minute, the maid will come in and remove from my lap the silver bed-tray with the not-too tight, not-too-blowsy pink rosebud in bottled water and a silver vase, the linen napkin, only slightly soiled, the half-finished glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice and the french baguette with butter curls on the side. I never eat the baguette. Though I often eat the butter curls, simply by wrapping them around my finger and licking them, while I read the Times. There is just the tiniest remnant of this morning's Eggs Benedict on the elegant hotel china (initials GPH tastefully hand-painted on the rim, by Sudanese monks). When the maid brings me my morning dressing gown (the pale blue flowy one), I will throw aside (I always do this myself) the silk and taffeta coverlet, and descend the intricately carved (in the Rococo design) antique wooden step-stool next to the four poster bed I sleep in every night. And oh! Check that address. I almost forgot.

You knew I was kidding, right? I mean, you're gonna need the Zip Code at least.

Okay, for real. I've been back at the boat with Rudy for almost two weeks now, and it is lovely, and wonderful, and feels like home, and I am mesmerized by living on the water. We have a bit more work to do, to have everything the way we want it (for now), so I will not post photos, because I'd have to put a lot of disclaimers like “there will be trim all around the such-and-such,” and “that pile of crap on the left will be neatly stored somewhere,” etc. So next time photos, I promise. Until then, Eggs Bennie on the boat!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You teach me to dream big.....
Love,
Terry

Suzy said...

Ha! Funny.

Anonymous said...

I actually was fascinated by your description of the hotel! when are you going there?
my visa extension has been approved so I'm stick around until next september...at least
hello to Bob
Diane

Suzy said...

Any time, as long as everything goes on your VISA!! :)